The Start Bay Inn is situated on the seafront at Torcross, a small village on the A379 half way between Dartmouth and Kingsbridge. Torcross is a wonderful seaside village with very good level seaside access. A flat pedestrianized walk way is located immediately behind the sea defence which is approximately 500m long. The Start Bay Inn seaside patio is accessible from this walk way.
- Any questions please call us. We are very happy to help.
- For directions on how to reach us please refer to the location page of our website.
- The nearest railway station is Totnes which is 15 miles away. Taxis are available at the station. If you require an accessible taxi these can be booked in advance with happycabbytaxis.co.uk or on 01803 559 292
- We are on the 93 bus route. It runs from Plymouth to Dartmouth via Kingsbridge. We have a raised accessible bus stop 100m away. The timetable can be found on firstgroup.com
- There is a wheelchair access ramp to the pub through the car park entrance.
- We are breastfeeding friendly.
- We allow guide dogs.
- We do not usually take bookings though for customers with special requirements we will always assist. We do take bookings for wheelchair users and their party.
- We have a free carpark for the use of our customers
- There is good lighting provided at night.
- Drink orders are placed at the bar which is situated down three steps. Table service can be arranged if needed.
- Food orders are placed in our family room at the food counter. Table service can be arranged if needed.
- There are 4 tables in the family room which can accommodate wheelchairs.
- The patio area has a small kerb but can seat wheelchair users at most benches. It is well paved and flat throughout. Drinks and food can be ordered and served at the outside tables on request.
- There is background music inside the pub.
- We do our best to cater for any dietary requirements; please contact us in advance with any specific requests.
- If assistance is needed with menu and specials content this can be arranged on arrival.
- Customer toilets are for ladies in the entrance hall from the car park and for gents behind the bar. Both are situated down 3 steps. A disabled toilet is provided in the public toilets situated 50 yards from the pub. If assistance is needed accessing the disabled toilet this can be arranged with staff.
- All our staff receive disability awareness training.
- We have a set of evacuation procedures. Should you require assistance, someone will help you with the evacuation out of the building.
- We welcome trained assistance dogs. A water bowl is provided on the patio.
- The nearest A and E is Derriford Plymouth which is 30 miles away. The nearest doctor is at Chillington Health Centre which is 2.5 miles away . The phone number is 01548 580 214.
- Free wifi is available in the pub.
- We provide leaflets of local attractions which are situated in our main entrance.